By Project Management Institute
5.0 out of five stars
The top PMBOK but; vital for PMP examination January four, 2013
By Gabriel Young
As a venture administration teacher and path developer at a kingdom collage, a undertaking administration keynote speaker, and somebody who has been education venture managers for almost twenty years, I hugely suggest this e-book. i've got additionally helped countless numbers to cross their PMP assessments (including education PMI staff) and even though a few fogeys declare they handed with no this, I firmly think that the PMBOK is a must-have.
I have owned each variation of the PMBOK and that i can inform you that it's gotten greater with age. Let's face it, the cloth isn't the main intriguing yet at the very least it's even more readable than ever. methods are extra subtle (some may perhaps keep in mind middle vs. facilitating methods in older types) and are titled extra constantly (used to have a few begin with verbs and others with nouns), descriptions of inputs/tools & techniques/outputs are clearer, and illustrations are much less complicated. That acknowledged, the booklet nonetheless purely covers the "whats". in the event you truly need to know "how" to execute a few of these tactics, you will want one other source like venture administration: A platforms method of making plans, Scheduling, and Controlling.
For those that have obvious many of the PMBOK's bad rankings in reports of prior types, you'll want to needless to say this can be a high-level advisor, no longer an difficult textual content or a secret novel. for this reason, don't anticipate to be a undertaking administration guru on the finish or be entertained with artistic irony.
Anyway, due to the fact lots of you're looking at this since you are looking to take the PMP examination, here's a few advice:
- even supposing you can be capable of receive a smooth reproduction of this booklet by way of being a PMI member, i like to recommend having a actual reproduction. In all my years of education, I've by no means even used a highlighter yet I did for the PMBOK while i used to be learning for this examination over a decade in the past. It seems that just about every little thing was once worthy highlighting however it pressured me to learn each one line thoroughly.
- you'll want one other e-book considering that many examination recommendations aren't even lined within the PMBOK. i myself like PMP examination Prep, 7th version: Rita's path in a e-book for Passing the PMP examination or CAPM/PMP undertaking administration Certification All-in-One examination advisor with CD-ROM, moment variation. you don't even want the newest versions. belief me, the final ideas may be the related. for example, earned price classes in Rita's 1st variation from yesteryear could be the comparable as these in seventh or eighth versions. SPI will consistently be EV/PV.
- whilst filing venture event at the software, you could publish paintings no matter if your identify was once no longer venture supervisor. when you labored on initiatives and feature performed a lead function, it could count number so publish it. the main element is so that you can be filing undertaking management actions. you continue to want 4500 hours of venture adventure when you've got a bachelors or 7500 hours and not using a bachelors. additionally, continually put up greater than these thresholds in view that a few actions will be now not be accepted.
- don't buy flash playing cards; as an alternative, make your personal. Get a stack of index playing cards and begin writing terms/concepts on one facet with definitions/formulas/descriptions at the again side.
Hope this is helping. better of good fortune to every person!
Read Online or Download A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK(R) Guide PDF
Best project management books
Information caliber offers an expos? of study and perform within the facts caliber box for technically orientated readers. it really is in response to the learn performed on the MIT overall info caliber administration (TDQM) application and paintings from different major examine associations. This ebook is meant basically for researchers, practitioners, educators and graduate scholars within the fields of laptop technology, details know-how, and different interdisciplinary components.
Peter Taylor unearths how adopting a extra concentrated lifestyle, initiatives and paintings could make you two times as efficient. The lazy undertaking supervisor illustrates how a person can practice the straightforward options of lazy venture administration of their personal actions so one can paintings extra successfully and for this reason enhance work-life stability.
- Microsoft® Project 2010 Step by Step
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 Manual (2009 Edition)
- Managing change in organizations
- Risk Analysis and Governance in EU Policy Making and Regulation: An Introductory Guide
Additional resources for A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK(R) Guide
From this mix, the firm may choose to manage related projects as one program. All of the power projects may be grouped together as a power program. Similarly, all of the water projects may be grouped together as a water program. Thus, the power program and the water program become integral components of the enterprise portfolio of the infrastructure firm. ©2013 Project Management Institute. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition Licensed To: Jorge Diego Fuentes Sanchez PMI MemberID: 2399412 This copy is a PMI Member benefit, not for distribution, sale, or reproduction.
This allows organizations to have an overall view of how the strategic goals are reflected in the portfolio, institute appropriate governance management, and authorize human, financial, or material resources to be allocated based on expected performance and benefits. Using program management, organizations have the ability to align multiple projects for optimized or integrated costs, schedule, effort, and benefits. Program management focuses on project interdependencies and helps to determine the optimal approach for managing and realizing the desired benefits.
5 Enterprise Environmental Factors Enterprise environmental factors refer to conditions, not under the control of the project team, that influence, constrain, or direct the project. Enterprise environmental factors are considered inputs to most planning processes, may enhance or constrain project management options, and may have a positive or negative influence on the outcome. 2 Enterprise environmental factors vary widely in type or nature. , an automated tool, such as a scheduling software tool, a configuration management system, an information collection and distribution system, or web interfaces to other online automated systems).